[CryptoParty] Proposal: All content should be Public Domain = No copyright

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Fri Jul 5 14:59:27 GMT 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-05 at 16:40 +0200, ml at enteig.net wrote:
> a) the CryptoParty Handbook is cc-by-sa and parts of it are used on the
> wiki (which reminds me, that I shall quickly add a license note)

cc-by-sa requires attribution.

>From http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/de/deed.en
"Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by
the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they
endorse you or your use of the work)."

Looking at the  cryptoparty handbook, it's not clear:
- who must be attributed
- in which manner is attribution required

I don't like that uncertainity.

Either attribution is required, then the instructions should be given
clearly, or no attribution is required, then it should be declared as
public domain.

Kai