[CryptoParty] sync with kryptoparty.de?

Samuel Carlisle samuelcarlisle at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 08:59:45 GMT 2013

Just to restate my position on this I saw a url on facebook, posted to the
list and then the debate started and I have no affiliations with any
political parties. As a British person (uk pirates are not exactly kicking
ass AFAIK https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party_UK#Elections and in
fact is subject to legal bullying:
http://boingboing.net/2012/12/22/uk-pirate-party-drops-its-pira.html), so I
guess I sympathised with them for this and other reasons and I relate
differently towards the Pirate Party than some of you guys. And I guess I
see PP as more of a movement and a subculture than a political party.

Evidently any collaboration with the PP on this is not so simple because
politics *is* involved at (their) end and *is not* involved at (our) end.

To conclude, I personally place higher trust and respect in all the
independant dedicated contributors like Hauke and Jochim than some guys
that just made a list of some events and (if I am understanding the
arguments correctly) have appropriated the Cryptoparty movement for some
free PR given recent headlines.
Of course if given the benefit of the doubt you could say that the public
outcry was the catalyst that was needed for people to act. Lets wait and
see how commited the pirates are to keep hosting cryptoparties and
producing high quality documentation and resources.

Sam