[CryptoParty] Steer Clear of TeleTrust

Jens Kubieziel maillist at kubieziel.de
Fri Jul 19 08:02:37 GMT 2013

* Samuel Carlisle schrieb am 2013-07-19 um 01:38 Uhr:
> I politely remind you that it is your choice alone to not be on
> Twitter to join that debate and to see, first hand, this information,
> just as it is your choice not to be on IRC (same applies- the debate

I personally think that neither Twitter nor IRC are appropriate for such
discussions. It would be nice if at least an essence of the discussions
is posted here (as you did, Sam :))

> -Cryptoparty needs to have a sincere voice and be a movement
> *strictly* by and for the people. If we compromise on that even 1%
> then we have lost integrity and impartiality IMO.

+1

> No, it is way more serious than that- it is not just "take it if you
> want it". I think if you would accept money from such a company in the
> name of cryptoparty, given what people who care about our movement
> think and warned about vis. association with
> those companies then you put yourself on the wrong side of the debate
> and I think you should not therefore call yourself a Cryptoparty.

From my understanding Cryptoparties are a decentralised movement. So if
I decide to do a Cryptoparty whereever I want it, I can do so. Also if
someone decides to make a Cryptoparty and takes money from whoever there
is nothing you/we can do against.

However I would propose that we make a clear statement that a
Cryptoparty is non-commercial (exists already) and maybe explain that in
the past there were offers from companies and why it is a good idea to
reject it.

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
Zu wissen, wie man anregt, ist die Kunst des Lehrens. Henri Frédéric