[CryptoParty] Analysis of 'German Foundation's offer'

jrsusenet-cryptopartyml1305 at yahoo.de jrsusenet-cryptopartyml1305 at yahoo.de
Fri Jul 19 19:54:12 GMT 2013

Hi all,

Having read the arguments on this list, I came to the conclusion not to accept Teletrust's offer. Even if it's meant honestly, I think I would be bonding with the wrong people. Of course, I can only decide for myself.

Another question arose while I was discussing this topic with other cryptoparty organizers in my area: There seems to be another version of this offer that demands us not to talk negatively about closed source software as a solution for security requirements. Does anyone know more about it and could share it with us? This would be the second reason for me to decline the offer. Although I don't have anything against closed source in general, I think it's not suitable for serious security business, because I don't like to entrust my life to black boxes.

Best regards,

Jochim