[CryptoParty] rounding up the etherpad edits / updating git with latest

Samuel Carlisle samuelcarlisle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 00:04:59 GMT 2013

Hey everyone,

*if you came here from twitter*
I am just informing you that I took what I thought was the best course
of action when a short while ago I saw a tweet:
https://twitter.com/CryptoPartyFFM/status/359800942817837057 linking
directly to our etherpad with an incitement to disrupt the process of
what was going on on that etherpad.

*the fail whale*
...IMO when etherpad links are tweeted like this you have a very
limited time window before they are completely over run with:

\|/
??????????????????????
?????????????????????
???????????????????
??????????????????

\|/
??????????????????????
?????????????????????
???????????????????
??????????????????

\|/
??????????????????????
?????????????????????
???????????????????
??????????????????

nice whales but not a collaborative piece of prose anymore... you get
the idea...

*24 hours is up!*
In any case, since the 24 hours has kinda passed, I feel the etherpad
has now served its purpose of being a nice low barrier to entry for
people to make edits.

*to git!*
If people are happy with having had this time to make edits the easy /
anonymous way, the next step is to exact *only* the text which was in
the "press release" section of the etherpad and then push to git:
https://github.com/cryptoparty/press-releases

*hash verification*
Please let me know if you want to replicate this process and compare
SHA512 hashes of the extracted text.

*Contribs*
I think over 15 or 16 people from many different countries who got the
link on the mailing list or via IRC or twitter DMs have contributed
something which is really great.

*Final Observations*
Also from what I have read, as a group we have produced a well
written, friendly but firm "no" to the TTT and similar offers which is
exactly the output that we wanted from this collaboration!

*Next time?*
So we have ended up with something which is very similar in spirit to
the statement from CCCMZ! One wonders if we save energy by just
adopting their statement next time :p

samthetechie

- --
Samuel Carlisle BEng (Hons) Dunelm MIET
pgp: 0x54828CAA
fingerprint: 9E01 D8A4 CFEB ED72 B0D2 70D7 1D57 A297 5482 8CAA
twitter: @samthetechie