[CryptoParty] new cryptoparty website

Jens Stomber jens.stomber at gmx.de
Tue Jun 4 23:56:41 GMT 2013

Hi Malte,

cryptoparty.org just dissappeared. Did you make an arrangement with the guy
maintaining it so that we can preserve the contents? Or are you also worried
about the situation?

I think its great that you did this step because a *working* wiki is a must to
keep the movement together.

Am Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013, 01:48:37 schrieb ml at enteig.net:
> Hi,
>
> with cryptoparty.org going down the spambot-gutter and the generous
> offer of hosting by Moritz, I would like to set up a new CryptoParty
> Homepage (even though it might not become directed to by
> https://cryptoparty.org but some other domain).
>
> I don't want the bikeshedding done via this mailing list (I simply don't
> have the time for this) but I'd like some input on two things:
>
> a) the structure
>
> (I actually like the general structure of cryptoparty.org as it is, but
> a valid question IMHO would be if we want the frontpage as full as it is
> now or break it up a little.)
No Problem with the actual frontpage, I like the overview about all currently
planned cryptoparties. So I would suggest using this as a starting point,
later we can develop it further if necessary.
You can also take a look at
https://www.encrypteverything.ca/index.php/Main_Page

> b) the visual
>
> (I know, usually you may consider a website dead before launch if a
> question like this comes up, but since the website actually exists
> already and the contents and usage are there, I feel confident enough.
>
> This splits up into two subquestions:
>
> 1: How complex do you want the interface to be? Do want all the
> components of the Dokuwiki exposed at first sight or do you want it to
> have more of a plain, simple, websiteish look?
You want to do a switch from mediawiki to dokuwiki? Can you preserve the
original contents then? I would like a more plain websitish look for the
frontpage if that would be possible.

> 2: What color-scheme would you like? It will neither be black on white
> nor green on black. For all other possibilities I'm game.
I would suggest a dark colortheme that plays well with the neon red and purple
colors of the cryptoparty logo. How about a dark blue background with white
font on it and some text highlighted in neon red or purple?
Example: https://events.ccc.de/congress/2012/wiki/Cryptoparty (scroll down)