[cp-global] Städteverlinkung auf www.cryptoparty.in/location

ml at enteig.net ml at enteig.net
Fri Jan 3 15:44:22 GMT 2014

Hi,

Nivatius wrote:
> Also supporting people in regaining their human right to privacy is a
> political act. Cryptoparties are political.

yes, but they are "politically non-aligned", too.

On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 07:30:15 -0600, Josh <josh at wtftacos.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 3, 2014, at 3:32 AM, Moritz <moritz at headstrong.de> wrote:
>>
>> don't like that political parties do Cryptoparties.
>
> I disagree. If we want to keep saying that we believe that the right to
> privacy is a basic human right then we can't in good conscious say that
> political parties cannot hold cryptoparties. Perhaps they have a more
> specific focus than your average cryptoparty, or have some singular
need?
> Besides there are some political parties I would rather not interact
with
> and if they are doing their own cryptoparties then that means that I
won't
> have to.

I think it is a matter of: does a political party run a CryptoParty or do
people who happen to be members of a party organize a Cryptoparty in a
location which happens to be a workplace of a political party organize a
CryptoParty?

The line is very subjective, but I would encourage everybody who comes
across blatant advertizing (as the case of the green party Hauke came
across suggests) to seek dialog with the party or company (and maybe add a
local mailing list CC). Often they are not aware of CryptoParty's Guiding
Principles (http://www.cryptoparty.in/guiding_principles) and will change
their claims.

Many greetings, such regard,

Malte