[cp-global] List of all country wikis

Moritz moritz at headstrong.de
Tue Mar 4 05:43:47 GMT 2014

On 03/04/2014 02:16 AM, Moritz wrote:
> Any if anyone wants to help with the world map and stuff, now is the
> time. :)

I have thrown together a quick "proof of concept" based on jVectorMap.
Yes, another ugly JavaScript thing. :-( I didn't find anything based
purely on HTML/CSS, and the country regions probably can't be
imagemapped properly without Javascript...

Anyway, we can display the world map if Javascript is enabled, and just
print the table of countries below if not, so it should not be a big
problem.

http://moba.github.io/cryptopartyworldmap/
( sources: https://github.com/moba/cryptopartyworldmap )

In the demo, DE and US have an "activity factor" of 10, and Russia an
activity factor of 1. My vision would be to bake this together with the
events calendar, so that it uses the number of upcoming events to color
the country.

If you click a country, it should take you to the respective country
wiki. In the demo, it only shows a message so you can 'safely play around'.

What do you think?

--mo