[CryptoParty] new site cryptoparty.in

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Tue Jul 2 13:56:58 GMT 2013

We've been asked to explain, why we have setup a new Twitter account and
a new web site. The following is based on discussions seen on the
#cryptoparty IRC channel.

Twitter:

Access to the old @CryptoParty Twitter account has been lost. We've
asked around, but nobody has been able to help us recover it.

Based on statements from people who previously had access to the
account, the account got hacked and the password has been changed. We
don't know who controls the email address linked to the old Twitter
account.

Website:

At this time, we have only minimal contact to the owner of the
cryptoparty.org domain. It seems, at this time, nobody has access to the
old server that hosted the site. As a result, we don't have access to
the old wiki sources, which makes an automatic conversion of the old
contents unlikely.

All we were able to retrieve was a website dump of the published pages.
Static mirrors and dumps of the old contents have been published, but
it's incomplete (e.g. the artwork links don't work on the mirrors).

In order to keep the movement going, some volunteers have setup the new
domain, a new server with a new wiki, and a new twitter account.

Luckily, the owner of the cryptoparty.org domain kindly setup a redirect
to the new cryptoparty.in domain. However, at this time, most deep links
to the old site will redirect to the main page of the new site.

Kai