[CryptoParty] Proposal: All content should be Public Domain = No copyright

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Fri Jul 5 16:38:02 GMT 2013

I've asked in a creative-commons chat.

"If content is cc-by-sa, but content doesn't specifcy the author, and
content doesn't specify the manner of attribution - can the content be
used without attribution?"

I was told:

"if the author really did not give any name to be attributed by, you do
not have to credit one."

As a result, I don't see how the cc-by-sa is different from public
domain.

>From my point of view, cryptoparty is intended to create resources for
the general public, and a public domain license seems most appropriate
for that.

The Artwork and Flyers usually don't include embedded information about
the license. We should encourage everyone to reuse and remix resources,
without fear for copyright violations.

Does this make sense?
Regards,
Kai