[CryptoParty] sync with kryptoparty.de?

MeI quizz at vfemail.net
Fri Jul 12 04:17:09 GMT 2013

Hi,
I think Jochim is making very valid points that we have been
discussing internally, too. The underlying philosophy of Cryptoparty
is non-affiliation to any party.

This has been a given to me, so I might have been wrong but my
understanding of the "synching" approach would not be to mesh in
single identity but rather to establish a structured collaboration
that would be open for others as well but can build on the content and
activity that is ongoing on either side. That's at least how we've
been discussing it locally here.

I certainly agree is that Cryptoparty should not become a part or
sub-brand of the Pirates "Kryptoparty" agenda, but in Frankfurt we
have done Cryptoparties for other local activist organisation who
provide infrastructure etc with Cryptoparty as "guest speakers" w/o
any issues. It's always been clearly communicated that we are
featuring independently of any organisational affiliation. This does
not exclude referencing, of course.

Still, we share a common theme and should build on that, without being
put into a specific political framework.

So far this has not been a problem, but ofc Jochim's right in saying
the electional campaigns are just starting, so this might become more
pronounced in public awareness. So imo we should think about if
there's a way to bring it together w/o being "instrumentalised" ...

M.

jrsusenet-cryptopartyml1305 at yahoo.de: