[CryptoParty] sync with kryptoparty.de?

Jan Zimmermann janmartinzimmermann at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 12 09:55:53 GMT 2013

Hey guys,

> ml at enteig.net wrote:
>
> > I wholeheartedly agree. I wouldn't actually mind that much it being a
full-fledged election campaing battleship.

> > I would like them to come over and say "Hello!", though.

Here we are, hello!

> > And I really don't like duplication of effort, so even if there is
translation or creation of new material going on. It would be awesome if
both sides would be involved. We have already gathered some on

Even though I started kryptoparty.de as a project of the German Pirate
Party (which does certainly not mean cryptoparties in general are, or
should in any way be only pirate-affiliated ), I totally agree.

How I see kryptoparty.de - I think this is an additional offer by Pirates
contributing to the overall goal to help people encrypt themselves.
However, I do not regard it as "the" German cryptoparty web site, certainly
it is not meant to collect non-pirate parties and put the "pirate seal" on
it. Those entries trying this have been and are being deleted by us.

If anyone wants to join me in setting up a German web site similar to
kryptoparty.de, but with no party affiliation whatsoever, please comtact me
!

fyi: One reason why we set up kryptoparty.de (with K)  is that the domain
cryptoparty.de has been grabbed and is for sale (5000 €, I just got answer
from the owner), which I personally can't afford.

> > https://www.cryptoparty.in/documentation
> >

>>Neither http://kryptoparty.de/?page_id=65 nor
http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Krypto-Party are half as comprehensive.

That's totally true, the problem is that the site was published (by a
fellow Pirate, by the way -.- ) way before development was over, against my
will, which forced us to launch it asap. Improvement is on the way.

Best wishes

Jan, member of the Pirate Party Germany, but not only that