[CryptoParty] sync with kryptoparty.de?

ml at enteig.net ml at enteig.net
Fri Jul 12 12:11:20 GMT 2013

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013, Jan Zimmermann wrote:

> > ml at enteig.net wrote:
> > >
> > > And I really don't like duplication of effort, so even if there is
> > > translation or creation of new material going on.
>
> Even though I started kryptoparty.de as a project of the German Pirate
> Party (which does certainly not mean cryptoparties in general are, or
> should in any way be only pirate-affiliated ), I totally agree.

Then why is there the pirate party flag and not the cryptoparty pixel
art logo on top the page?

> How I see kryptoparty.de - I think this is an additional offer by Pirates contributing to the overall goal to help people
> encrypt themselves. However, I do not regard it as "the" German cryptoparty web site, certainly it is not meant to collect
> non-pirate parties and put the "pirate seal" on it. Those entries trying this have been and are being deleted by us.

Because of double-negation I ask: So it is _only_ for pirate-affiliated
parties?

> If anyone wants to join me in setting up a German web site similar to kryptoparty.de, but with no party affiliation
> whatsoever, please comtact me !

All we need is some server space we can set up a Dokuwiki on. As domain,
we could use de.cryptoparty.in.

> > > https://www.cryptoparty.in/documentation
> > >

> > > Neither http://kryptoparty.de/?page_id=65 nor
> > > http://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Krypto-Party are half as
> > > comprehensive.
> >
> That's totally true, the problem is that the site was published (by a
> fellow Pirate, by the way -.- ) way before development was over,
> against my will, which forced us to launch it asap. Improvement is on
> the way.

If you made it publicly editable, I would already have added links to
http://kryptoparty.de/?page_id=65

Cheers!

Malte