[CryptoParty] Summing up Twitter conversations about TeleTrust Sponsorship

Samuel Carlisle samuelcarlisle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 21:54:19 GMT 2013

@Hauke and others, have you now seen the reaction on twitter and also
IRC to this offer from of funding? Do you still think we should put
something on the wiki to advertise this? I really hope not...

I think it is abundantly clear that TeleTrust are associated with
Microsoft, RIM, BND, (and the list only gets worse... feel free to dig
more) so these guys are *not* really friends of Cryptoparty- read some
of the comments and guidance coming from twitter:

https://twitter.com/fukami/status/357831954143526912

And many others:

https://twitter.com/fukami/status/357876165337300995
https://twitter.com/fukami/status/357835023967207424
https://twitter.com/AnyGoddamnName/status/357837596954595329

@qbi @samthetechie Some groups received emails from TeleTrusT saying
stuff like "we give you money if you don't focus on Open Source".

@qbi @samthetechie If TeleTrusT wants to make something useful they
should do some funding of crypto OSS (i.e. by paying Werner or others)

@qbi @fukami @samthetechie I'm not entirely sure you'd want an
organisation with MS and RIM being member sponsoring cryptopartys

The conclusion seems to be that TeleTrust can not be involved at the
parties to sponse any drinks or have adverts or anything but they
could indirectly (and very very effectively) support #cryptoparty by
simply donating to OTR: http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/donate.php
GNUpg: http://www.gnupg.org/misc/donations.en.html … Tor:
https://www.torproject.org/donate/donate

This would be for the best of both groups.

samthetechie