[CryptoParty] TeleTrusT - Thanks but no Thanks

Jan Zimmermann janmartinzimmermann at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 22 16:37:58 GMT 2013

Am 22.07.2013 um 16:55 schrieb Hauke Laging:

> Am Mo 22.07.2013, 16:41:51 schrieb fukami:
>
>> Well, makes it much easier for me to understand what type of person you are.

Did this statement appear in a private conversation only or am I not getting some mails on this List?

I still think that we should defend this cryptoparty movement against tries to overtake us, e.g. by Teletrust. Why do single people act as speakers of the whole group when there is no legitimization to do so? That is really disappointing, even if those people did a lot of good in the past.

Why not release a press statement clearly saying: No, we do not want any support by Teletrust, nor do we accept their statement that "the movement" wants this ? I think that this would be a minimum requirement to protect cryptoparties from infiltration by the industry, in person teletrust & associated  companies clearly working against true encryption and contra open source software.

What do y'all think?