[cp-global] Jabber-Service for CryptoParties

ml at enteig.net ml at enteig.net
Sat Jul 27 18:55:36 GMT 2013

Hey people,

I know there are people who are already running Jabber services, but I
don't remember the details and maybe somebody else wants to step up, so
I just posts this as a neutral request:

The _only_ public jabber service I know, which I would go as far as to
trust, is jabber.ccc.de. This is no good, because if everybody uses
jabber.ccc.de, then there is no decentralization, the service will be
(and already is) prone to attacks etc.pp.

So it would be cool to have some other servers where people who want to
try out Jabber/OTR (and stick with it) can do so. Moreso, it would be
nice to have a multiuser-chat like e.g.
cryptoparty at conference.cryptoparty.in where all these new users could
connect, ask questions, hang out, answer questions etc. so they won't be
thrown out into the cold after a cryptoparty ended (I know, there will
always be a next one, but that might be a month or two away).

Who is willing to host the service and who has a nice, unspecific domain
to offer?

Regards,

Malte