[CryptoParty] cryptoparty.org under attack

jrsusenet-cryptopartyml1305 at yahoo.de jrsusenet-cryptopartyml1305 at yahoo.de
Tue May 14 05:13:56 GMT 2013

Hi all,

Talking about the wiki: Does anybody see a chance to stop the current attack? I'm not sure, but as far as I can see it, the attacker uses a script to constantly generate new accounts and to erase the start page content. The arithmetic captcha seems not to be a big help. Maybe it will help to block signups for some days or to replace the captcha by a more complicated one. A couple of people are currently rolling back the attacker's edits, but I don't regard this as an effective countermeasure in the long run.

Best regards

Jochim