[cp-global] Research Study of Encrypted Communication

Courtney Loder cloder at uci.edu
Mon Nov 11 18:11:38 GMT 2013

Hi everyone,

I’m conducting a research study of people who encrypt personal
communication, and would love to talk to you about how you learned to use
encryption.

If you have ever encrypted (or tried and failed to encrypt) an email, chat
conversation, or web browsing session, and are 18 or older, please consider
participating in this study. More details can be found at
http://bit.ly/1cMKNeX.

At this time, I am most interested in speaking with people (of any
citizenship) who live in the US, or US citizens living abroad. The study
will eventually expand to include everyone everywhere, so don’t hesitate to
contact me if  you fall outside that group, but would be interested in
participating.

I would be eternally grateful if you shared this information with other
encryption users you know who are not on this list.

On a slightly unrelated note, if there are others in Southern California
who are interested in organizing a cryptoparty, please get in touch!

many thanks,
Courtney

—
Courtney Loder
Graduate Researcher
Department of Informatics
Donald Bren School of Information & Computer Sciences
University of California, Irvine
cloder at uci.edu (pgp: 0xC10EBD80)