[cp-global] Cryptoparty.org subdomains

Moritz moritz at headstrong.de
Fri Jan 24 07:53:00 GMT 2014

On 01/24/2014 07:13 AM, sloop at cryptoparty.org wrote:
> If people would like me to setup subdomains, please let me know what
> your IP addresses are + subdomain prefix, and I can get it setup.

We had the idea of offering a pre-configured subdomain per country, as
well as one mailing list per country. The infrastructure for this is
pretty much set up.

https://template.crypto-party.org/
https://lists.crypto-party.org/

If you like the idea, we can move this forward.

All you have to do is set up a wildcard DNS entry for *.cryptoparty.org.
I would suggest setting up *.cryptoparty.org as a CNAME for one domain,
say, countries.cryptoparty.org, and countries.cryptoparty.org with:

A 81.7.6.108
AAAA 2a02:180:a:25:5::1

We can still make changes to the default template. We should add
instructions to the main wiki that activists "per country" can get the
A/MX records changed. We have an "admin" mailinglist somewhere that you
should be added to.

I can then copy the template to match the country codes. The lists need
to be reconfigured to use (lists.)cryptoparty.org.

You can point www.cryptoparty.org at the main wiki in pretty much the
same way. We can then redirect cryptoparty.in/* to cryptoparty.org, and
use cryptoparty.in in the long run for the event calendar. I know Sam is
working on cleaning up the event calendar.

Any chance you can hang around in #cryptoparty on OFTC to coordinate this?

In my opinion we should finally set all this up, and someone should
write a nice Press Release around it for an official launch.

--mo