[cp-global] cryptoparty.org lists

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Tue Mar 4 10:47:17 GMT 2014

On Di, 2014-03-04 at 13:21 +1100, sloop at cryptoparty.org wrote:

> > The template that I will use for each country is at
> > https://template.crypto-party.org/ for review. (I still have to change
> > the list URLs)
>
> Do you mean template.crypto-party.org or template.cryptoparty.org?

He was referring to the page that we have already been using for
coordinated preparation.

It's at http://template.crypto-party.org/

That's not intended as a public service, it's just a temporary place to
edit the standard text.

> > The lists will be hosted at lists.cryptoparty.org. Sloop, can you set A
> > and MX records for that host to 188.119.151.6? Thanks!
>
> This has also been done - any issues please let me know.

Thank you.

There's one more thing we'd like to ask for. See also the follow-up mail
that Moritz had sent.

We'd like to ask for a "wildcard MX" record, meaning the MX record for
any hostname *.cryptoparty.org would resolve to 188.119.151.6.

(This is separate from your existing MX record for the main
cryptoparty.org, which can continue to point to you.)

Why? We suggest to run each country's mailing list at a separate
subdomain, e.g.:
  au-discuss [at] au.cryptoparty.org

This approach is a preparation for the future.

If people in a country ever would like to take over control of their
country's list, we will be able to do so, by adding a country specific
MX DNS record.

Regards
Kai