[CryptoParty] Media Inquiries

Hauke Laging hauke.laging at openpgp-schulungen.de
Wed Jul 24 03:23:32 GMT 2013

Am Di 23.07.2013, 21:39:31 schrieb Josh Scott:

> Why would you bar the press
> from doing a story about CryptoParty? Isn't the whole point to get the
> word out and teach as many people as possible?

Two arguments:

1) Yours.

2) Some of the participants of such an event are there because they want to
learn how to act anonymously on the Internet. It that is your primary
intention then the idea of being of TV probably seems a bit strange.

I think it's OK not to have TV teams on all events but I also think that it is
bad not to allow them on any (and there is no valid argument for that). So you
may change that policy: Allow the press on e.g. every second event only.

> I thought I just saw something about a German CryptoParty getting
> featured on a network news segment.

The reuters people told us that this would get international. See the link
list at
http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/neuigkeiten/#20130722-reuters

That was the third press event within eight days thus there are so few people.

CU

Hauke
--
☺ http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/
XMPP (mit OTR): gnupg-support at jabber.org
CF51 CB88 7D9A B184 AD50  21F4 DA6B 2836 5A21 B2D0