[cp-global] Growing the Cryptoparty Empire (Poll inside, please participate)

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Sat Aug 10 18:55:07 GMT 2013

On Sat, 2013-08-10 at 20:48 +0200, ml at enteig.net wrote:
> I don't know if I support changing the main domain _again_. Or at least
> there has to be a way to sustain
> https://cryptoparty.in/documentation/handbook, because that page got
> linked a lot (e.g. Spiegel Online and dpa).
>
> Or, to conclude my train of thought, I support it under the condition
> that the 404-page for cryptoparty.in is designed _really good_.

We shouldn't have 404s for existing addresses. If we want to change
cryptoparty.in to be no longer a wiki, we should have really good
redirects. People following an old link should be forwarded to the
correct page.

Regarding the 250 new mailing lists (one per country): We have some
technical limitations. I'm helping, but I only have time to help if I
can use software that I already know. That means "mailman". And mailman
has a technical limitation that "each name must be named differently,
even if they are on separate virtual domains".

Based on the poll, and given the limitations, the lists should use
addresses like this one: xx-discuss at xx.crypto-party.org

Kai